A Religious Education message from Gina
I suspect that 2016 will not go down in the record books as anyone’s favorite year. However, as I look back over the year, I realize that there were actually many moments worthy of celebration. This is especially true of our Religious Education program. Some of the RE highlights of 2016 include:
- The wildly popular Cooking for Cause program
- Monthly multi-generational worship services
- Bingo Night
- Sixth Grade Social
- Creating a “Why I Love RE” video for RE Sunday
- OWL (Our Whole Lives) Graduation & Recognition Ceremony
- Three newly certified Spirit Play teachers
- Affirmation trip to Boston
- Well-attended and fun-for-all Trunk or Treat
- Visiting a mosque
- Attending a Junior Youth Con in Rockland, MA
- Implementation of new and innovative curricula, including one based on The Twilight ZoneI am proud of our Religious Education program, and I am passionate about building a community that supports our children in their growth as Unitarian Universalists, seekers of peace, protectors of the earth, and citizens of the world. When I am feeling short on hope and my faith in humanity is waning, I remind myself of the spirit of love that is very much alive in our Religious Education community, and my heart is full.
- I look forward to the work we will do together in the name of love in 2017.