- CAT (Climate Action Team) meets Oct. 14, 7 P.M. (Tentative)
- RE (Religious Education) Harvest Celebration/Open House on October 12th
- Climate Stewardship Summit, hosted by IREJN (Interreligious Eco-Justice Network), on Sunday, Oct. 12 from 4 – 8:00 P.M. at Congregation Beth Israel, West Hartford and Monday, Oct. 13 from 8:30 A.M. – 5:30 P.M. at the University of St. Joseph. It will feature notable speakers, diverse panels and breakout sessions and much more. Go to the IREJN website for more info. https://irejn.org/. Or go here to register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/climate-stewardship-summit-tickets-13161435207
- Citizens Climate Lobby meets Oct. 21 at 7 P.M. Contact Janet Heller (Janet.Heller@snet.net) for more information.
- Sunday Service, Nov. 9 – SLC (Sustainable Living Committee) is leading the service on the topic of Climate Change. Join us for music, spoken word, and inspiration.
The CAT* Box
Some numbers about the People’s Climate March in NYC:
- 9/21/2014 was the date of the biggest climate change march in the U.S. history.
- 1 bus with 50+ people came from Manchester with Kat Dargan and Janet Heller as bus captains.
- >550+ other buses and trains came from almost 49 other states.
- 1570+ community, labor, environmental justice, faith and progressive groups endorsed the march.
- 400,000 people marched in NYC (with over 100,000 supporters in over 150 countries).
More information on the event is at http://peoplesclimate.org/media/. More information will be given in a November service by SLC/CAT members. If you went to the march and want to share your experience, please contact March organizers.
*Climate Action Team
The Sustainable Living Committee meets at UUS:E on the second Tuesdays of each month, Please join us at 7:00 pm. For more information about the Sustainable Living Committee, Green Sanctuary, or anything in this article, contact the office at 860-646-5151 or firstname.lastname@example.org.