The Sustainable Living Committee is showing the movie GASLAND 2 at 7-9pm. After the movie we will have some treats and an opportunity to ask Jen Siskind questions about fracking and its problems.
The Sustainable Living Committee meets at UUS:E on the second Tuesdays of each month, Please join us at 7:00 pm. For more information about the Sustainable Living Committee, Green Sanctuary contact the office at 860-646-5151 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, April 10, 7:00-9:00 PM: at UUS:E, the Sustainable Living Committee is showing Gasland 2, which is examines the risks associated with “fracking” to produce natural gas and oil. The trailer is here: http://www.gaslandthemovie.com/
Saturday, April 25, 10:00 AM-5:00 PM: Audubon Center at 1361 Main St, Glastonbury is having an Earth Festival.
Save the date: Sun. May 31, noon to 5:00 PM:
Hartford Climate March (noon to 1:00 PM) and Earth Festival (1:00 PM to 5:00 PM) with special rates and climate exhibitions at the CT Science Center from 10 AM. There will be magic, music, food and much more. Go to http://www.irejn.org for more details.
Summer Jobs that help your Mother Earth. There are many possibilities. The following sources are described on page 18 of the EDF Solutions Journal, which is located at: http://www.edf.org/sites/default/files/content/solutions_winter2015.pdf
- CoolWorks: http://www.coolworks.com
- National Parks Service: http://www.1.usa.gov/1uO2q5j
- NY: http://nysinternships.com/nnyl/ Look for environmental agencies, such as Division of Fish, Wildlife and Marine.
- EDF: http://www.edf.org/jobs/internships-fellowships
- NOAA National Marine Sanctuaries: http://www.1.usa.gov/1AtDN10
- Society for Conservation Biology: http://www.bit.ly/1xz2BCp
- Student Conservation Association: http://www.thesca.org
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service: http://www.1.usa.gov/11T0rlk
Don’t overlook CT’s Department of Energy and Environmental Protection college internships: http://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp?a=2688&q=322346&deepNav_GID=1511 and Appalachian Mountain Club’s trail volunteers at:
*Reminder: Equal Exchange products are available in the meetinghouse lobby on the second Sunday of the month. They are organic and fair trade. If you would like to order a full case of Single-Serve Cups from Equal Exchange, contact Kat Dargan at email@example.com. A case of six boxes (12 cups per box) is $50. We will have boxes of six available without pre-ordering for $8.50.